Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Weekend Recap - 08.09.2011 - Booze, The Hangover Part 3, and Running With Batman

This fucking photo says it all.
Saturday... Sunday: The past 2 days was a complete blast! I had my birthday last Friday (August 5), and then me and my friends followed it up with a cool party... filled with great laughter and of course... TONS of booze. 

Tequilas all over the place, food, more tequila, then finished it off with some 100% pure Russian vodka that had everybody going crazy sh.it all night.

The next morning most of my guys can't remember what they did, and everybody had the worst hangover in their entire drinking lives. 

I wanna do it again. 


-----

Monday: I don't know what hit me, but I bought a DVD collection of all the Batman movies, right from the Tim Burton classics starring Michael Keaton, to the horrible Joel Schumacher films with Val Kilmer and George Clooney with the Bat-nipples, up to the greatest superhero movie Batman Begins and the smash-hit The Dark Knight by Christopher Nolan.

Up to this day, I still find the first two Batman movies (Batman and Batman Returns) really enjoyable, and will forever be two of the best Batman films ever.  I believe that those two set the standard for the "dark and gritty" trend in superhero movies today. Everybody wants to make something dark and edgy, and the aforementioned films truly symbolized that style. I guess we could all give Tim Burton the credit.

Not to mention that familiar Batman theme we all grew up with. Its one of those epic musical scores that epitomizes the character, just like John Williams' Superman theme. 

This scene still sent chills down my spine.

And you just can't beat the tandem of Keaton/Batman + Nicholson/The Joker (still one of my all time favorite portrayals, but I believe Heath's Joker was the best). Its damn unreal. I also love Danny DeVito's Penguin (he was born to play that character), and Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman (who would even forget that "meow" + explosion part?). These villains we're perfectly portrayed and used in the movies.
I refuse to comment on the Joel Schumacher films. They're all forgettable. Those movies we're a disgrace to the Batman mythos. I gotta admit though, Val Kilmer was quite an interesting Batman, I think even better than George Clooney. But still, they all suck, and they will be remembered for that.

The only thing those movies got right for me we're Nicole Kidman, Alicia Silverstone, and Uma Thurman

And the nipples on Batgirl's costume. Lovely. 

First time I saw this as a kid, I knew I love Batgirl.

Finally, if you're going to ask me who's the best Batman? I would still go with Michael Keaton anyd ay of the week. You could say that's because of the nostaglic effect, but I'll stick with it. Don't get me wrong, I like Christian Bale, but there's just something about Keaton that got the whole Bruce Wayne/ Batman dichotomy right.

Now if you'll excuse me... I've got to catch up with reality and work. No comic book reviews for i-don't-know-how-long.

1 comment: